If you’re searching for Chihuahua puppies for sale, look no further! Petland has all the feisty Chihuahua puppies you can snuggle!
The Chihuahua breed is considered the smallest dog in the world, but you wouldn’t know it from their big personalities! And believe it or not, the Chihuahua wasn’t just popular from the fast food commercials of a few years ago, or the Legally Blonde movies. Chihuahuas are considered one of the oldest North American breeds still in existence and were actually considered sacred at one point in their histories, so they’ve been around the popularity block a time or two. Despite their many years in the spotlight, the ever saucy Chihuahua has some personality traits that might not go with every family. Because of their size, they need a lot of extra care and attention. Read further to find out more about this enchanting little breed! Want to see pictures of our precocious Chihuahuas for sale, check our available puppies page!
Check out some of the characteristics and personality traits of the famous Chihuahua:
- Chihuahuas are considered the ultimate companion. They like attention from their owners and are very loyal. Even though because of their size they are considered lap dogs, they are active and like to be played with.
- They come in two distinct coats: shorthaired, which is considered the most popular, and longhaired. The longhaired version has soft, very fine hair that feathers off their legs and ears. Chihuahuas can come in any color combination and are considered the “snowflakes” of the dog world as each one is unique.
- The have an average size that varies from 4-10lbs. Despite being such an old breed, they have no inherent health problems and have an average life span of 15+ years.
- Chihuahuas are good family pets when treated respectfully, but they have a reputation for being wary or aggressive with strangers or small children who may be threatening to their diminutive size. They tend to bond with one person, so it is important for the family to share in taking care of the puppy.
- The Chihuahua is considered an excellent guard dog. They will bark and “defend their households” against threats, despite not being able to do much being so tiny!