It’s hard to resist the sweet, smushy faces of English Bulldog puppies for sale, especially puppies!
The English bulldog is exactly what it sounds like, a squat, powerful breed originating from the British Isles. While they have moved from a working past to a lovable family companion, the English bulldog continues to charm and “bully” its way into people’s hearts. Here at Petland, we find that there are few people that can walk past an English bulldog puppy without completely melting! But there are so many more qualities to the bulldog that make them great pets for many types of families. We want to explore deeper into the personality and characteristics of the English bulldog in our newest blog. Want to check out our available English bulldogs for sale before reading further? Just click here!
The fun, but sometimes very snorty world of the English bulldog:
- The English bulldog has a very affectionate, gentle disposition. Stalwart and patient, the bulldog is a wonderful family pet and loving to most children. They are very people-oriented as a breed, and they will actively seek out the attention of their beloved owners.
- English bulldogs make fine apartment and small condo pets that do not require a yard. Typically low-endurance dogs, they need only a moderate amount of exercise.
- They thrive best in temperate climates because of their flat faces. They readily overheat and have breathing difficulties in hot weather, and they chill easily in cold temperatures. So keep them inside as much as possible in extreme weather!
- Their unusual noses also make them well known for snoring, snorting, sneezing and loud breathing, but that’s okay, we love them all the more for it!
- The come in several colors: red, white, brindle and pied with mixtures between them all. They can range between 45-85lb and have an average life span of 8-10 years since they are a large breed dog.
- Their coats are short and fine and require little upkeep besides a bath and brushing every now and then. However, their wrinkles must be cleaned out weekly to prevent skin infections and discoloration.